REPORTED COMMANDS

Finish the sentences using Reported speech. Activity 1 Activity 2 Activity 3

Affirmative commands

  • Direct Speech → Mum: “Tidy your room.”
  • Reported Speech → Mum told me to tidy my room.
  • Direct Speech → Speaker: “Could you close the window, please?”
  • Reported Speech → She asked me to close the window.

Negative commands

  • Direct Speech → Policeman: “Don’t park there.”
  • Reported Speech → The policeman told me not to park there
  • Direct Speech → Speaker: “Could you not make so much noise? .”
  • Reported Speech → She asked me not to make so much noise.
There are many other reporting verbs that can be used depending on the meaning in Direct Speech, e.g.
  • advise → The doctor advised me to stop smoking.
  • promise → My dad promised to buy me a football.
  • agree → We agreed to meet on Saturday.
  • offer → He offered to drive me to the airport.
  • suggest → Dad suggested going to the match. Dad suggested that we go to the match. Do not use the infinitive after suggest. Dad suggested to go to the match.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNIT 6

THE EUROPEAN UNION (EU)